Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Just a few points


It's good to see Amy Handlin on board with her comments about Malcolm Carton. It would be nice to see her go public with her comments about Adam Puharic too.

What happened to Caroline Cassagrande's bio on the party website? Is she still running? Is Jeff Cantor switching from the Freeholder race to the Assembly race in 12?

Brian Reilly, meet Lenny Inzerillo. Reilly, who's running third in the Lincoln/Reagan/Seward poll with 6% of the vote, has sent out two mailers to county committee members. Neither mailer has a "Paid for by..." disclosure. One might think that someone who's run for office twice previously would know better.

The Freeholders will be meeting in public session at the Aberdeen Township Municipal Building Thursday the 22nd at 7PM. This will be the first meeting since Lillian Burry and Barbara McMorrow joined Anna Little in questioning Bill Barham's relationship with Benjamin R. Harvey Construction Co. Speaking of which, does anyone know Bill Barham's business email address? (Hint: it ends in @bharveyco.com)

If you're a county committee member, don't miss the convention on Saturday at Brookdale, even if you think your vote won't matter. Chances are you will be very disappointed if you do not attend. You might want to check out Ronald Reagan's February 17th post over the next couple of days, and brush up on your Robert's Rules. Barnes and Noble has copies in stock.

11 comments:

Honest Abe said...

"Brian Reilly, meet Lenny Inzerillo."

But does Brian have an Oompa Loompa?

Anonymous said...

Somone high up should make a motion to suspend the rules and open ALL positions up for county committee vote. Just who will that be...???????????

Anonymous said...

Does not need to be some high up, anybody can do it. Just need mass of people willing to vote for it. And Rob and Anna are the candidates.

Anonymous said...

The county chairman can tell you to shove it and pick all the candidates himself. You can even hold a vote and he can still pick the candidates to run on the line. Until someone changes the law, that's how it is in NJ and why we have the county boss system that we have.

Ronald Reagan said...

The county chairman can tell you to shove it and pick all the candidates himself. You can even hold a vote and he can still pick the candidates to run on the line. Until someone changes the law, that's how it is in NJ and why we have the county boss system that we have.

Please go back and read my post from February 17th as reference in the original post for this thread. The chairman does NOT have the power to grant a line.

Anonymous said...

Dan Gallic has no clue about how the law works.

Anonymous said...

RR said "The chairman does NOT have the power to grant a line."

And niether does the county committee. By statute there only job is to fill unexpired terms and elect a chairman
Signed
Republican lawyer

Anonymous said...

I am the chairman of a town good for a couple Thousand votes in the primary.

If Anna runs in the primary my town will go to her and I will make sure of it.

Art Gallagher said...

Anonymous said...
I am the chairman of a town good for a couple Thousand votes in the primary.

If Anna runs in the primary my town will go to her and I will make sure of it.


Mr. Chairman,

Please make sure your committee shows up Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Looks like Pearl Jam has something to say about the 12th District Assembly race:

Oh where or where, can my bio be?
Adam took it away from me.
It got wiped out cause it wasn’t very fine
I shouldn’t have run, but you can’t blame me for tryin’

It was on the site with the other ones
But it gave the GOP grief measured in tons
It showed my claim to fame was raising Andrew’s cash
And I was party planner for Adam’s bash

People noted that after I raised
The money for Andrew he was so amazed
He appointed me town lawyer, in Manalapan
Though I had no experience, it was in the can

Oh where or where, can my bio be?
Adam took it away from me.
It got wiped out cause it wasn’t very fine
I shouldn’t have run, but you can’t blame me for tryin’

On Cassagrande’s running the party was leary
But they had no choice cause I work for Jim Cleary
And in exchange for raising funds I got a juicy gig
Cause you know that for the public we don’t give a fig.

It’s even worse cause I forgot to report
my campaign duties, isn’t that a snort?
As a lawyer I should know, what pay to play means
But I’ve proven that on public law I don’t know beans

Well now it’s gone
And even though it wasn’t great
I lost my bio, hmmph, I guess I don’t rate

Oh where or where, can my bio be?
Adam took it away from me.
It got wiped out cause it wasn’t very fine
I shouldn’t have run, but you can’t blame me for tryin’

Anonymous said...

The chairman is the only one who has the ability to grant the line. While joint candidate committees have the ability to allow others to "bracket" with them, the slogan under which they "bracket" is controlled by the county chair. NJSA 19:23-17 (or NJSA 19:23-25.1 in instances where the slogan isn't a party organization slogan). You people really scare me. No wonder there are so many election disputes.