Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Statement by Freeholder Anna Little



I am grateful for the support and encouragement shown to me by the hardworking residents and taxpayers of Monmouth County. It is my honor to serve as your representative, whether Republican, Democrat or Independent. Your support has uplifted me and will fuel me in continuing the work we have begun.

I have compared the many alternatives available for me to run for re-election this year. I have decided that a costly and divisive primary is not in the best interests of the people of Monmouth County. Likewise, a costly and divisive independent run is not in the best interests of those whom I serve, and who love Monmouth County as much as I do.

By now it is well known that I have had serious disagreements with Chairman Adam Puharic on several ethical matters, including the wheeling of money back into Monmouth County during last year's campaign and his holding a federal job while acting as Chairman of the Monmouth County Republican Party. All those serving in government must avoid the appearance of impropriety. The people of Monmouth County are entitled to this and should accept nothing less.

During the last year as Freeholder I have focused on doing the work of the people: voting against Malcolm Carton, calling for reduced spending and working toward a flat budget, promoting transparency and ethical reforms, and proposing an economic development plan for the county. I will continue to do this work with the same intensity for the remainder of my term. If God wills it, I will live to run for office another time. I will never lose my desire to serve.


Posted at 3:30 pm

No comments: