Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Petition problems for Declan?

4/11/2007 Update, thanks for an anonymous poster:

Update from Politics NJ:

O'Scanlon's petitions are just fine
By Editor - April 11, 2007 - 11:54am

The state Division of Elections has updated their website to reflect that 12th district Assembly candidate Declan O'Scanlon has filed petitions with 393 signatures. As of yesterday, their records indicated Scanlon having submitted petitions with just 104 signatures.


Politicsnj is reporting that Declan O'Scanlon filed his petitions with only 104 signatures, 4 more than required, and that the Democrats are considering a challenge.

O'Scanlon, who apparently didn't get the chairman's memo about not participating on blogs, wrote:

"Now my friends at PNJ - you know not to underestimate me - and that I'd never cut things so close! I actually filed with 168 signautres but 64 of them were held awaiting our bracketing letter," O'Scanlon wrote. "And yes - I did verify the validity of my signatures! The bracketing letter is in the hands of the DOE now and my signature total will be updated shortly. Sorry to disappoint my Democrat opponents who I'm sure would prefer we focus on petition signatures rather than their records."

Caroline Cassagrande filed 225 signatures.

7 comments:

Ronald Reagan said...

I just posted a response to the ridiculous PNJ story on my blog. The numbers out of DOE are ALWAYS incorrect or off by a factor of 10.

The whole story is an immature attempt to make an issue out of a non-issue by the new democrat leaning owner whose last name is Kushner....yes...that Kushner.

Art Gallagher said...

Ronald Reagan said...
I just posted a response to the ridiculous PNJ story on my blog. The numbers out of DOE are ALWAYS incorrect or off by a factor of 10.

Are you saying Dec really has 1,040 signatures? 1680?

I say let the Dems waste their time going through his petitions. He said he verified the signatures, so he only needs 100.

Barry Goldwater said...

Signatures don't matter. Like he says, it is an effort to detract from issues. Not unlike the first installment in my Ellen Karcher series, "The Truth About Ellen Karcher" now posted.

http://rankandfilemonmouthrepublican.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the shameless plug.

Ronald Reagan said...

I admit a little exageration in my previous post.

But to improve on an old adage: "Never let a couple facts get in the way of a good post."

:-)

Barry Goldwater said...

Hey Will- Check out Ellen's property tax dodge-

http://rankandfilemonmouthrepublican.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Update from Politics NJ:

O'Scanlon's petitions are just fine
By Editor - April 11, 2007 - 11:54am

The state Division of Elections has updated their website to reflect that 12th district Assembly candidate Declan O'Scanlon has filed petitions with 393 signatures. As of yesterday, their records indicated Scanlon having submitted petitions with just 104 signatures.

Ronald Reagan said...

Maybe my 'factor of 10' comment from yesterday will prove correct after all.

Let's see what the geniuses at DOE report tomorrow.