Sunday, October 28, 2007

Stanley Coleman at odds with Republican candidates

Former State Republican Committeewoman Judith Stanley Coleman is at odds with two other prominent Republican women; Assemblywoman Jennifer Beck and Freeholder Anna Little.

Stanley Coleman enjoys a Karcher type farmland property tax break on 5.4 acres of her estate on the Navesink River in Middletown. She raises bees and sells their honey for $540 per year. She pays $125 in property taxes on that portion of her property, according to the Asbury Park Press.

Beck has made farmland assessment abuse a major issue in her Senate campaign against Senator Ellen Karcher, who gets a $14,000 tax break for selling $510 worth of Christmas trees (but not to me!).

Stanley Coleman, a past contributor and fund raiser for Beck is withholding additional contributions. "I'm going to have to talk to her first about the position she has put everybody in," Stanley Coleman said. "To attack the only incentive we have to save land, I think, is wrong. She should have come out with what to do first instead of what not to do."

Stanley Coleman paid $47,820 in taxes on her house and the acre that surrounds it last year. "The taxes are just so astronomically high, the only way I could see to do it was to have farmland to have less tax to pay."

In 2001, she granted the Monmouth Conservation Foundation a conservation easement on her entire property, which prevents any future building there. Stanley Coleman is president of that organization, and Beck is a trustee.

Stanley Coleman is also the Chairwoman of the Middletown Planning Board.

Regarding Freeholder Anna Little, Stanley Coleman is meddling in Highlands politics. She has written letters to the Editor, published in the Asbury Park Press and on the Atlantic Highlands Herald website, endorsing a write in candidate against Little in her race for Highlands Mayor.

The write in candidate has no government experience and had little involvement in the community before organizing the opposition to the design of the new Highlands-Sea Bright bridge. The write in candidate has no chance of winning, but could siphon enough votes from Little to throw the race to the Democrat in what is expected to be a close election.

5 comments:

Honest Abe said...

I never knew that Judy raised honey!
As to her Highlands meddling:
Is she doing Adam's work here? Did he sign off on Anna's candidacy only to work through back channels for a Democratic victory?
Which then begs the question, is Judy Stanley-Coleman aware of or even in on the RastaMan project?
I hope Moretti talks.

Teddy Roosevelt said...

So what exactly does stanley have against Little? Is it just that she is a conservative women or did Anna step on Judy's toes?

Teddy Roosevelt said...

my take on farmland assesments
http://monmouth-bull-moose.blogspot.com/2007/10/green-acres-is-place-for-me-i-know-this.html

William A. Newell said...

Judy not only raises honey, she raises money!

Anonymous said...

IT'S MY FARM

This ain't a break for the broke or feeble,
No funny farms for the little people!
I ain't gonna be just a face in your town,
You're gonna hear my voice,
When I shout you all down!!

[Chorus:]
It's my farm!
And it's now or never,
I ain't gonna farm forever,
I just want low taxes while I'm alive.
(It's my farm!)
My land is like an open space way,
Like Judy said,
You'd better do it my way!
I just want to farm while I'm alive.
'Cause it's my farm.

This is for the ones who farm their ground,
For Ellen and Judy who never backed down,
Tomorrow's getting harder; keep on makin' that money,
Luck ain't even lucky,
Got to make your own honey!!!!

[Chorus:]
It's my farm!
And it's now or never,
I ain't gonna farm forever,
I just want low taxes while I'm alive.
(It's my farm!)
My land is like an open space way,
Like Judy said,
You'd better do it my way!
I just want to farm while I'm alive!
'Cause it's my farm.

Better stand tall when they're calling you on it,
Don't bend, don't break, baby, don't back down.

[Chorus:]
It's my farm!
And it's now or never,
I ain't gonna farm forever,
I just want low taxes while I'm alive.
(It's my farm!)
My land is like an open space way,
Like Judy said,
You'd better do it my way!
I just want to farm while I'm alive!
'Cause it's my farm!!!!