Wednesday, November 07, 2007

BECK, O'SCANLON AND CASAGRANDE THANK VOTERS FOR SUPPORT

Pledge to Fight for their Interests in the Senate


Assemblywoman Jennifer Beck and her running-mates Declan O'Scanlon and Caroline Casagrande today thanked the voters of the 12th Legislative District for their support in Tuesday's election and pledged that they will continue to fight for tough ethics reforms, lower taxes and fiscal responsibility when they take their seats in the state Senate this January.

"I am honored by the support of the voters and take very seriously the trust and confidence they have placed in me with their votes," Beck said. "I am anxious to resume my efforts on their behalf fighting for strong ethics reform measures, more equitable school funding and lower taxes."

Beck was elected to the state Senate Tuesday defeating incumbent Senator Ellen Karcher by a wide margin. Beck will conclude her two-year term in the General Assembly in January before being sworn-in as the new Senator from the 12th Legislative District.

"For the past two years I have been at the forefront of the fight for an immediate dual office-holding ban, comprehensive pay-to-play reform, more funding for our schools and permanent property tax relief for New Jersey families," Beck said. "While I will be starting a new role this January in the Senate, I will continue to fight vigorously for this reform agenda, and I know I will have the support of my new 12th District Assembly colleagues Declan O'Scanlon and Caroline Casagrande."

O'Scanlon and Casagrande, who were elected Tuesday to represent the 12th District in the General Assembly, also thanked the voters for their support and pledged to fight alongside Beck for much needed ethics and fiscal reform measures.

"We are honored that the voters have expressed their faith in us and we look forward to serving in the Legislature come January," O'Scanlon said. "I intend to pursue an aggressive reform agenda in Trenton and will work tirelessly to represent the interests of my constituents."

"I thank the voters for their support and pledge to work day-in and day-out to demonstrate that the confidence they have shown in my abilities was well placed," Casagrande said. "I will work with Jen and Declan to ensure that the issues of importance to the families of the 12th District are addressed in Trenton. Our team will work diligently to focus the legislature on the affordabilty crisis threatening our residents".

NJGOP Press Release

No comments: