Thursday, May 22, 2008

Hidlay Skips town

I don't know how I missed this. Probably because I've stopped reading the Tri-City News since Tom DeSeno stopped writing for them.

Skip Hidlay, who has been a dominant political force in Monmouth County as Executive Editor of the Asbury Park Press, has been named president and publisher of the Courier News in Bridgewater, NJ, and the Home News Tribune in East Brunswick, NJ.

Stay tuned for the announcement of a bi-partisan celebration hosted by John Bennett and Ellen Karcher. Bill Barham will sponsor the bar. Vic Scudiery will cover the carving station. Ed Stominski will sponsor the spaghetti and Tom Powers will be the Master of Ceremonies.

I honestly didn't know about this when I responded to the APP editorial about the GOP chairmanship last Friday.
Apologies to Kevin Penton if I hurt your changes for Skip's old job.

Hopefully, the news pages of the APP will get back to basics; Who, What, When and Where, and the editorializing will be left on the editorial pages.

The APP editorial pages are right on the mark today. Funny too.

No comments: