Saturday, October 31, 2009

Fat Man In The Statehouse

To the tune of Fat Man In The Bathtub, by Little Feat

By Grace Cangemi

Taxin' Jonny got down on his hands and knees
He said "Hey momma, hey let me raise your tolls, all right?"
She said "No, no Corzine not tonight
After Monday, Election Tuesday, we'll make it right."

Don't want nobody who won't dive for dimes
Don't want no tax hikes 'cause I might die tryin
Throw me a line, throw me a line
We need the fat man in the statehouse with a clue
I hear you moan, I hear you moan, I hear you moan

Jonny got so sad, dejected, spent lots of money and start to run
Runnin' down the street yellin' at the top of his lungs
"All I want is to tax you the way I've always done
All I want in this state of mine is to spend a ton"

I said Jon Corzine, Governor Corzine, what are you up to?
Mr Corzine
I said Jon Corzine, Tax-and spend Corzine, what are you up to?
Mr Corzine


You took my money for your taxes and it's all run down
Now we caught you in a squeeze play on the cheesy side of town
Throw me a dime, throw me a line

We need a fat man in the statehouse with a clue

No comments: