Friday, January 08, 2010

The Salute



Many thanks to Rick Ambrosia, a frequent MMM reader and commenter from Colts Neck who took the time to research this photo that I posted earlier in the week under the headline "The Crotch Salute."

The photo is authentic. It was taken at the Arlington National Cemetary Memorial Day celebration on May 25, 2009.

However, a review of the C-SPAN video of the event reveals that I viewed the photo out of context and that the headline was inappropriate.

I got sloppy with this one and didn't do my usual checking. In retrospect, I wish I had posted the photo asking for captions and then revealed the video later.

Lesson learned.

My apologies to the President and to MMM readers who were offended.

1 comment:

ambrosiajr said...

You da Man Art! Once again you show just why you're blog is the most respected blog on the block.

Integrity.