Monday, August 23, 2010

Anna Little’s Grassroots Strategy Keeps Sixth District Race Close

Repeated Votes on Spending Also Keeping Incumbent’s Numbers Down

Highlands, NJ – In a poll released by the Anna Little for Congress campaign, Anna Little is only six points behind 22-year incumbent Frank Pallone. The poll, conducted by National Research Inc., shows Pallone at 40% and Little closing the gap at 34%. Perhaps most telling is that Pallone has nearly 100% name ID among voters in the district. “The more people learn about Anna Little, the more they like her and can see her as the right alternative to the incumbent. The voters already know about Frank Pallone and becoming increasingly uncomfortable with his out-of-touch voting record. He’s been in Washington too long and has become a bit too cozy with Nancy Pelosi.” commented campaign chair, Leigh-Ann Bellew.

Aside from Pallone’s voting history and strong support of Speaker Pelosi’s agenda, Anna’s campaign is running an unprecedented ground effort that is taking her message directly to the voters. During the past five weeks, Anna Little’s volunteer army has knocked on more than 10,000 doors in the Sixth District. A tireless campaigner, having won her past five elections for Mayor and Freeholder in similar fashion, Anna is comfortable taking her message directly to the voters.

Little said she was heartened and gratified by the results, though she admitted she is not surprised: “The arrogance of Frank Pallone and Nancy Pelosi aside, New Jersey voters have sent and are sending an unmistakable message to Democratic incumbents - stop spending money we don’t have and bankrupting our children. It seems that neither Governor Christie’s election nor the unsustainable path on which the Democrats in Congress have put America matter to entrenched incumbents like Frank Pallone and Nancy Pelosi. As Frank Pallone said at his town hall last year, he just knows better what’s good for us.”

Little’s ground game arrives in Manalapan this Saturday, August 28th, beginning with a meet and greet followed by dozens of volunteers and the candidate spending the day in the neighborhoods. The details will be announced on Wednesday, August 25th. All are welcome and members of the press are encouraged to attend.


Shorelover85 said...

Let's see. 40% plus 34% equals 74% Where's the other 26% ????

UNDECIDED??? I wouldn't trust this poll at all.

Michael said...

@Shorelover85 - the other 26% just havent heard about Anna yet - but we're going to change that over the next 10 weeks!

Belford Boy said...

What you don't beleive that 26% are undecided?
you obviously don't know much about polls.

I know the only thing that will convince you is the poll that takes olace on election day. So we will convince you then

Anonymous said...

the man has been the congressman since Driscoll was governor, and only 40% are saying they'll vote for him. It's not like the 26% "undecided" are going to learn anything about him in the next two months they haven't learned about him in all his terms in office. If they're undecided, they don't want to vote for him. A 405 showing for an incompetent is a sure sign of defeat. it's extremely rare in a two person race for an incumbent registering below 50% to win. At 40%, he's WAY below 50%. You can put a fork all the way into the chicken part of his turducken.

Shorelover85 said...

What I am saying is that a poll that shows 26% as undecided is NOT a trustworthy poll at 70 some days out. I have NEVER seen a poll reporting like that. Are we saying 26% won't answer?

When it comes down to it, Anna will have to take 75% of that undecided amount to overtake Pallone. Thus, given the demographics of the district, what with Socialist Middlesex and New Brunswick, a poll like that; at this NOTHING to crow about....

Anonymous said...

Its time to make the poloticians of this nation accountable to the people. When Franky Pallone stood behind Nancy Palosi with a big smile after shoving gov't health care down our throats I vowed to have Pallone removed. Its time to get this dead wood out of Washington. Did Frank Pallone ever sing God Bless America at his meetings. Oh I forgot he knows what is best for us. Sit back have a drink and let Franky boy run things. NOT!