Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Chairman Adam Puharic



By an overwhelming majority, 61%, Adam Puharic was elected Monmouth County GOP Chairman.

Despite my endorsement of Jim Giannell, I admit that the best candidate won. The buzz in the room clearly indicated a Puharic victory was at hand, prior to the speeches. Adam's speach was so good, and Giannell's so bad that I briefly considered changing my own vote.

Giannell was at his best at the end of the evening, when after the authentic show of unity, Jim reminded Adam to thank and acknowledge former Chairman Frederick P. Neimann. Adam was at his best when he disavowed his "the conventions are a cancer" statement and publicly asked Jim to help him with the conventions.

In an email to me earlier this week, former Freeholder candidate Tommy DeSeno said,

"It's no secret who the two main fighting factions were in the last two conventions, and not enough time has passed for the wounds they have inflicted upon one another to heal for one faction to fall in line behind a leader from the other faction. The party will remain split if someone from either side wins.

Adam Puharic was not part of either of those factions. I can say that with absolute certainty from being a candidate which gave me front row seats to the action - Adam didn't involve himself in making an enemy of either side.

That's why I'm sure Adam can bring the party together. Both of the factions can easily fall in behind him, because doing so does not involve the setting aside of ill will, which is hard for anyone to do."


While I agree that we all should unite behind Adam, I'm not sure all will easily fall in behind Adam. There were some prominent concerned faces in the crowd at the end of the night. In the last week it as appeared that Adam was aligned with a faction. Yet Adam declared that he is his own man. He promised to heal and unite the party. Now he needs to do it. I am rooting for him and I am behind him.

I hope Adam does everything he said he would do and that he makes me find new material to keep this blog interesting.

In his parting remarks, former Chairman Fred Neimann took another shot at the blogs. Many think that this blog and Abe's contributed to Fred's demise as Chairman. Apparently Fred is among them. Fred was chairman at a very difficult time. Of that there is no question. For taking it on, hanging in there when the unimaginable happened, and still winning, Fred deserves our deep gratitude. For graciously bowing out and not seeking another term, he also deserves our gratitude.

15 comments:

Teddy Roosevelt said...

I wish Adam well. I will work for him and support him. he certainly has the tools to get the job done and he certainly has the support of the majority. He desrves a chance to prove himself worthy of the trust the committee has put in him. The party is better off if he succeeds then if he fails.

I am a little bummed out however because I have a bunch of negative things I want to say about other people but I hate to be the one to break up a lovefest.

I guess I will just have to go on safari or down an uncharted amazonian river to forget my sorrows.

Have a nice summer.

Art Gallagher said...

Teddy Roosevelt said

guess I will just have to go on safari or down an uncharted amazonian river to forget my sorrows.

No airbathing in the Amazon. Nasty things could happen.

Downtowner said...

i wish adam all the luck in the world, and the republican party also.

there are great candidates over there and i am sure that it will be a good fall classic.

Honest Abe said...

And practice safe swimmin'. There are candiru in those rivers in Amazon country!

Art Gallagher said...

There are candiru. in those rivers in Amazon country!

As bad as they are, the candiru are not as bad as the Democrats on the banks of the Delaware!

Honest Abe said...

Or in the Hall of Records.

GO ROSEMARIE!!!

GO ANDREW!!!

GO ANNA!!!

Downtowner said...

Anna is a good candidate. She works hard and every time I go somewhere she's working a crowd, making a speech and acting like she wants to win. Wanting to win is the first step to winning. Doesn't matter about the party, she's doing the work.

I'd like to see more of the other candidates (like all the rest of the candidates). In fairness, Dems have hit a few press conferences and freeholder meetings, but Anna is putting in a lot of hours.

Honest Abe said...

Q: What doesn't exist but isn't going away?

A: Little Lenny's ELEC reports!

Art Gallagher said...

Honest Abe said...
Q: What doesn't exist but isn't going away?

A: Little Lenny's ELEC reports!


B:Kramer Hall!

Downtowner said...

ELEC matters need to be cleared up. It's part of it. That's absolutely true.

When brought up they need to be addressed, this is actually agreed upon by everyone on BOTH sides of the aisle. But, to say that Lenny's ELEC woes are his own is just not right. They are at least as much his problem as...certain people in the GOP who are nameless here.

There were people associated with Lenny's campaign that SHOULD have been doing their job. Obviosuly they weren't.

Carton is in charge of Andrew Lucas's fundraising right now...that's a ship waiting to hit a rock...so should I say the same about Lucas WHEN his campaign finances are screwed up POST election?

AND will it somehow become "altogether unfair" to single out the candidate then...regardless of whether he was elected or not? This is despite the fact that rookie candidates SHOULD know what's going on...often don't know what's going on AND apparently the concensus is that they get a bye... provided the registration is "acceptable"?

Art Gallagher said...

JIM_PURCELL said...

They are at least as much his problem as...certain people in the GOP who are nameless here.

Name them.

No one should get a bye. If someone makes a mistake it should be reported. It should be reported when and if they clean up the mistake as well.

Abe has been on Lenny's reports for months. Its fair game to stay on him, especially since he's currently a candidate and no longer a rookie.

Honest Abe said...

JIM_PURCELL said...

"...so should I say the same about Lucas WHEN his campaign finances are screwed up POST election?"

IF his campaign finances are screwed up POST or PRE election, go for it, Jim.
I've posted ELEC info from both Dems and my own Republicans; hopefully they get the idea to straighten up their books. Remember mine and Secretary Seward's are partisan blogs. Dems are fair game.
Donkeys and Caliendo are also partisan blogs. It all balances out.
It's all good...

Art Gallagher said...

insidejob45 said...

Giannell made Lucas a candidate
Lucas backed Puharic


That's water under the bridge, and Drew made the right choice. Jim Giannell has embraced Adam as chairman, called for unity and pledged his support and work.

Some people used to think I was Gerri Popkin. If I keep this up ( and I will, unless there is a good reason not too) people are going to be speculating that I'm Michael Borg, Brian Nelson or Brett Pallat.

Let me put all the speculation to rest, I'm really Mr. Whipple.

Honest Abe said...

Brian Nelson?!!

Say it ain't so!!!!

Art Gallagher said...

It ain't so