Monday, January 21, 2008

The Ballad of Billy Barham

By Lightshines

Well, news of the county's new tax raise has reached Texas, where they've gathered round the campfire to sing the Ballad of Billy Barham:

There's a Guvnor raising Taxes, that’s who I’d like to be,
Nobody else could raise them, not half as much as me.
You tried to make me leave here, but before you even start,
If I raise them more than e’er, we nevermore will part.

It’s the crispest smell of revenue
This county ever knew
You’ll have to sell your diamonds
And the house you live in too
You may talk about what used to be
And sing of Kean and Larrison
But with me and Corzine, Taxes
Will fund our spending spree.

When the Navesink is flowing, and things are really tight,
You’ll walk along the river in the quiet summer night:
I know that you remember, it was not so long ago,
When quality ran our government and the State could really grow.

Oh now I'm counting taxes, as we rake in all your dough,
And we'll think about the prosperous times, that we had long ago
We'll watch your property values sink as we tax you rich and poor,
And we’ll all keep raising taxes which you’ll pay forevermore.

No comments: