Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Its getting ugly in here

I thought this exchange between James Hogan and I, from the comments in the Middletown Mike thread, was worthy of its own post:

Art Gallagher said...
james hogan said...

I am not fat, but I still call fat people fat. Just because I'm not fat, doesn't mean I can't use the word "fat" when describing fat people. Readers can feel free to extend this logic as they see fit.

True you are not fat, but you are ugly.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 3:31:00 PM

James Hogan said...
Dear Art Gallagher,
I'm offended and you'll have to be fired from your volunteer "job" of blogging for offending me despite it being my choice to read your blog just as it was my choice to listen to Imus or Opie and Anthony.

Moreover, because I am offended, you'll have to see me in court where I'll be filing a $302 million lawsuit against you. Although you think that $302 million is an arbitrary number, it is not and this amount represents the EXACT calculation of the amount of damage you have done to me. No lower amount is acceptable and a simple apology or retraction is not enough.

Furthermore, you will be required to remove your comment from the internet such that it no longer exists on any server(s), internet caches, archives or backups, even if you don't personally own or have access to the server, cache, archive or backup. Although this seems impossible, I assure you that this step must be taken to avoid future litigation should someone else find out that I am ugly. You will also have to find everyone who might, or might not, have seen your comment and "flash" them with that wand from Men In Black so that they forget just how ugly I am, or I mean how ugly you think I am, again to ensure that no one else finds me to be ugly because of your comments.

Finally, I expect you to personally hand deliver your written apology to all ugly people, like me, who might also be offended by your words, even though your delivery of such an apology letter would imply that you find said recipient to be "ugly" and might cause additional harm.

This litigation and process can be stopped if you allow me take over your blog so that you can cause no further harm to ugly people with your words and I can continue to call people fat from the platform which you have built using your own time, money and effort.

Thank you for your cooperation in settling this ugly matter.

--
James P. Hogan
Self-Appointed Representative of The Ugly People

5 comments:

JustifiedRight.com said...

While you two make fun of stereotyping issues, know that I've been asked by serveral Italian-American groups to speak on their behalf at tonight's Belmar Council Meeting.

It's no joking matter.

Maybe Art can come film it.

It will be more "historic" than all of Obama's speeches combined.

Anonymous said...

This one's no joke either...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,389268,00.html

Hey Art, maybe Jimmy wasn't kidding.

Art Gallagher said...

Hey Art, maybe Jimmy wasn't kidding.

I'll be delivering letters to all the ugly people I know all weekend.

Rick, what is your address? :-)

Anonymous said...

Great. Now how long is it before we can't use the word ugly any more? No one is ugly any more, they're aesthetically challenged. Since looks tend to be genetic, maybe ugly people qualify as being disabled. At least I'll be able to park closer to buildings now. And maybe clubs will have to provide access for aesthetically challenged Americans under ADA regulations.

Way to go Art, you've opened up a whole new segment of victims.

Lugar96

Anonymous said...

hang on!!!! im fat ugly and old

and i was born into a democractic household. where do i sign up for this pending class action

my only saving grace..........not a wop