Friday, August 01, 2008

Ali vs Frazer. Frazier not invited

Tommy DeSeno weighs in on the Middletown Human Rights Commission

JustifiedRight.com said...
So Art,

Why in the world does Middletown have a "Human Right's Commission?"

I mean, I'm aware of the Human Rights tragedies occurring in Darfur that need our attention, but I was truly in the dark about the spreading Middletown atrocities.

Shall I notify Amnesty International? The Red Cross? Sean Penn?

Last time I checked, the Census said Middletown was 93% white and had a middle class median income.

Was a commission formed because middle class white people are under attack?

Oh wait! What am I thinking? Of course they're under attack.

Obama's up 5 points in the polls. Now I want to join that Commission.

So, I understand the Middletown Human Rights Commission met last night, because they wanted to confront you on the issues.

Using unparalleled courage, in an act saluting the concept of due process not seen since the passage of the 14th Amendment itself, they made sure not to invite you.

Let me see if I can write a similar headline:

"Prize fight tonight. Ali vs Frazier. Mr. Frazier will not be invited."

Good grief.

Now, If I understand correctly, the Human Rights Commission wanted to to look racism right in the eye and confront the racists.

They only invited one another.

Apparently they've narrowed down the identity of the racists.

Please offer my congratulations to Mr. Dangler for confirming that white people such as yourself are forbidden from discussing race.

Senator Obama and MSNBC were having great difficulty getting that message out, despite continuous attempts.

I just thank Jesus that the NAACP kept their focus on you, who asked to start a dialogue, and didn't get distracted by that small matter of a Bar in Asbury Park violating the 1964 Civil Rights Act by excluding two black people from the place (some people will complain about any old small potatoes, won't they)?

Good job, Dangler.

Oh and tell the Mayor of Middletown I said if he wants to be a Civil Right's hero, there is a High School in Asbury Park that the state segregated by race.

Can I interest him in a cross busing relationship between Middletown and Asbury Park, so we can desegregate both town's High Schools?

Now that's a real issue. That would be a real world test of his commitment to Civil Rights.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The mayor of Middletown exhibits behavior that points to being racist and dictatorial .He espouses policies that foster racism ,look at what RCA's have done TO Asbury Park,etc. and look at the mistreatment of the former head of the HRC,In his endeavors he has exposed his township's residents to MANY unnecessary legal expenses. As for Art,he's old enough to know better and maybe the repercussions of his recent endeavor will prove this sensitive issue can be handled in a far better way than the use of the language he did use.