Sunday, March 08, 2009

Corzine Campaign Kickoff

Middletown Mike is reporting that Jon Corzine has kicked off his re-election campaign and that he has started using email again.

Mike posted the following letter he received from Corzine's campaign. It would be comical if it wasn't so insulting; "...New Jersey is significantly better off than many other states because of the action my colleagues in the legislature and I have taken during the past three years..."

Corzine is actually going to run on his record!

Here's the letter, including email links for Corzine. Tell him what you think.


Friends-

This is an important year for New Jersey.

On March 10th, I will deliver my executive budget and begin the process of addressing our state's $7 billion deficit. While New Jersey is significantly better off than many other states because of the action my colleagues in the legislature and I have taken during the past three years, it is critical that we continue to make responsible decisions and the right choices for New Jersey.

I believe that the national financial crisis is an opportunity to outline our priorities and take measure of our values. This is a moment to define who we are as a state, and as a people.

This is not a moment for cheap answers to our most important questions. New Jersey deserves details and direct answers, and you will continue to get both from me.

This is not a moment for short-sighted solutions and tepid half-measures. New Jersey deserves responsible, long-term solutions, and you will continue to hear detailed proposals from me.

This is not a moment for antagonistic grandstanding or political stunts. New Jersey deserves a committed partner who will work with President Obama, and you will continue to see my partnerships with leaders at the national and state level deliver real results for our working families.

This is not a moment for politically-convenient rhetoric that simplifies or downplays the difficult challenges we face. New Jersey deserves honest and serious leadership, and you have always been able to count on that from me.

New Jersey remains ahead of the curve in dealing with this national recession, and my responsibility as Governor is to insure that we stay on a course for fiscal prosperity into the future while making certain that New Jersey families have the support that they need to make it through these difficult times.

These are big challenges, and I am going to need your help.

I am going to be regularly sharing the details of my budget, initiatives, and the latest developments from Trenton and Washington DC, and I want to encourage you to share your thoughts with me via my website or by sending an email to JSC@JonCorzine09.com. I'll be answering questions and comments regularly via email, my soon-to-be-launched new website, and other online events.

Please stand with me, our state leaders, and our Democratic partners in Washington DC as we confront these challenges. There is far too much riding on the year ahead to sit on the sidelines.

Thank you,
Governor Jon Corzine

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

if you pour enough sugar (giveaways) on the poison(increased taxation and regulation), you can often get this electorate to drink it down.. I wish I believed NJ is bright enough, and MAD enough, to finally reject their ridiculous spin!!..

Anonymous said...

Beware the switch...I think Pallone might end up running.

He's already attacked Christie more than Corzine has so far.

He's signed a bunch of big-time Dem consultants, including Message and Media, who work for Corzine.

Lautenberg isn't showing any signs of going anytime soon, and if Corzine's poll numbers stay where they are it'll be a Republican Governor deciding who gets that seat, if it even opens up.

Pallone ran statewide ads, has a huge campaign warchest, and the Dems in this state will stop at nothing to win. Deadlines don't apply to them...so beware.

Anonymous said...

that's a real scary thought, Baba.. hope Frankie waits for the Senate..

Anonymous said...

Corzine's war chest makes Pallone's look like a kid's piggy bank. The only reason that dullard is in office now is because of his money, and it is that money that will keep him in the race.

Anonymous said...

Besides, if you go to anywhere outside of Monmouth and Middlesex, it will be, "Frank Pa-who?"