Monday, March 31, 2008

Crowley not running

The Star Ledger, reports that John Crowley announced he will not seek the GOP nomination for U.S. Senate due to committments to his family, the U.S. Navy, and the employees and shareholders of his company.

Crowley has a bright future in politics should he ever choose to serve.

In related news, sources report that Goya heir Andy Unanue, the U.S. Senate candidate favored by the Monmouth and Ocean GOP establishment, will not return from his Colorado vacation until mid April.

6 comments:

Enlighten-NewJersey said...

By all accounts John Crowley would have made a terrfic candiate and U.S. Senator. I’m sorry to hear he’s decided against a run, but can well undertsnd why he’s made that decsion.

I can only hope there’s someone else, yet to announce, who will be able to take on Lautenberg. The way it stands now, it’s depressing.

Teddy Roosevelt said...

I guess that brings us back to Jersey Joe.

Hey I have an idea. It is just so crazy it might work.

How about instead of moaning and crying and looking for the "perfect" candidate why don't we work on building up the one we have.
Wow!

Art Gallagher said...

I guess that brings us back to Jersey Joe.

Hey I have an idea. It is just so crazy it might work.

How about instead of moaning and crying and looking for the "perfect" candidate why don't we work on building up the one we have.
Wow!


I'm looking for a MIDI of his jingle.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Crowley is not running. I don't think jumping in at this late point in time because the party doesn't like who's already running is any way to kick off a campaign.

I think Crowley will be a much better candidate when he decides he wants to run and goes about making an organized effort to do so.

Lugar96

ESedler said...

I'm disappointed.

This race changes everyday so who knows what will happen by filing deadline.

Are you serious with the report on Unanue not coming back to mid-April?

Art Gallagher said...

Are you serious with the report on Unanue not coming back to mid-April?

That is what I've been told.