Thursday, April 24, 2008

Corzine pals get $2 million state contract

The NYU Child Study Center, an organization that Governor Corzine was a founding board member of, and contributed $2 million to, has been awarded a $2 million, two year contract to develop strategies for working with young children and their families to keep kids from committing crimes and joining street gangs.

The organization is managed by friends of Corzine.

This is how you keep children from committing crimes and joining street gangs:

1) Mothers and fathers should live together with their children.

2) Mothers, fathers and children should all eat breakfast and dinner together every day.

3) Mothers, fathers and children should all go to church together once a week.

4) All children should finish their homework before they can watch TV or post on their myspace pages.

5) When children misbehave, they get spanked.

Where do I collect my $2 million?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

it worked for me...
it worked for my parents
it worked for my grandparents
where's my $2 million?

Anonymous said...

1) Mothers and fathers should live together with their children.

But sometimes they don't and sometimes they can't. I agree with the idea of parental accountability, but throwing the word "should" out there is not a real answer. People shouldn't have children if they aren't going to commit to raising them, but once that first should or shouldn't goes out the window, it makes it harder to dictate the others.

2) Mothers, fathers and children should all eat breakfast and dinner together every day.

Sometimes they can't. I personally agree with this one but there are times when it doesn't happen. Again the number one positive step parents can take is personal involvement in their kids' lives.

3) Mothers, fathers and children should all go to church together once a week.

I'll agree that a communal activity would be healthy but it doesn't have to be church.

4) All children should finish their homework before they can watch TV or post on their myspace pages.

And let's not forget to monitor what they're watching.

5) When children misbehave, they get spanked.

I'll go with clearly understood repercussions, sometimes spanking, sometimes not.

Given your list versus that of a study team that will say no one is held accountable for a young person who violates the rights of others, my $2 mil goes to you. Now all you need is an impressive sounding name and you might have a shot. How about The Arthur J. Gallagher Center of Parental-Child Interpersonal Advocacy? Put that on letterhead and the Democrats will line up to give you grants. I want my name on the Advisory Board to pad my resume.

Lugar96

Art Gallagher said...

Thanks Lugar. Your on the board.

I didn't realize you were capable of Corzine type generousity. You should have run for Congress!

Make the check payable to Arthur V Gallagher. Arthur J can insure us.

ESedler said...

Does it suprise anyone that the Chairwoman of the NYU Center and her husband (good friends of Corzine) are big time Dem donors to NJ dems and around the country?

I believe this is called pay-to-play.

Anonymous said...

Like I blogged on Red Jersey, Mel Brooks would have been proud since Governor Stupidhead is taking his famous line from the movie History of the World Part I to heart. "It is good to be the king"! Oh piss boy, over here.