Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A statement from John Curley


Having won the vote cast in the voting machines, I have fallen short in the tally of the absentee and provisional ballots.

I extend my congratulations to Freeholder elect Amy Mallet for a hard fought campaign and congratulate Glenn Mason for being such a competitive opponent.

My congratulations to my running mate Lillian Burry on her deserved re-election. Lillian in an honest, capable and hard working advocate for the people and I am proud to call her my friend.

I am honored to have carried the banner for the Monmouth County Republican Party and thank everyone for their commitment to my candidacy and their energy and work on my behalf.

I have traveled throughout our 53 municipalities meeting thousands of Monmouth County residents. You the citizens of Monmouth have buoyed my belief in what a great place we call home.

I thank all who voted for me and extend my hand in friendship and support to those who did not.

Best wishes to all for a great and wonderful future here in Monmouth County.

9 comments:

ESedler said...

Curley 09'!

(Prepares to be sniped by fellow Republicans)

Anonymous said...

John has always been a good man. He would have been a great Freeholder.

Anonymous said...

Maybe John can teach the Middletown republicans something about a "class act" now that he resides there. He would have been an asset as a Freeholder.

Anonymous said...

huh? what's wrong with the middletown republicans? they win--and by a lot.

Anonymous said...

I think the Middletown Republicans are still waiting for a concession from Walsh and Whathisname.

Anonymous said...

Middletown ran the dirtiest,classless slander game ever seen in the township.Character assassination benefits NO ONE !! This inept gang will get their just desserts in the future as now we have two who are clueless and one puppet in the majority running the township....who gets the blame for this sad condition,,,,,?????? and to the victors go the spoils as always....check out the sewage commission in particular and all the other appointees in general.

Art Gallagher said...

Sour grapes. It wasn't a dirty or slanderous campaign. The Dems had bad candidates.

Anonymous said...

Says you,Gallagher as you were part of the vicious mud slinging in your blog.You and the Bobsy twins from the south end of the township. You should be all be made to make good on your accusations with credible evidence not the information provided by a former adversary of one of the candidates in a court case that was settled long ago in the courts. Every dirt bag and liar in Middletown was active in the township and if it had not been a presidential election it could have been different.Perhaps this even affected the county race ,so go cry in your beer !!! John Curley was an excellent candidate.

Art Gallagher said...

Of course says me. It's my blog. :-)

Well, at least we agree that John was an excellent candidate.

All the credible evidence you refer to was posted right here on the blog. Mrs. Walsh was given numerous opportunities to respond and chose not too.