Friday, July 24, 2009

Chris Christie For Governor Releases Latest Television Ad:

PARSIPPANY, NJ - Today, Chris Christie's Campaign for Governor released its latest television ad entitled, "Fiercely Independent." This is the Christie campaign's first television ad of the general election and it showcases the positive message of Christie's campaign and his commitment to ending politics as usual.



Script For "Fiercely Independent" (TV: 30):


CHRISTIE: As U.S. Attorney I put corrupt public officials in jail - Republicans and Democrats.

As Governor, I'll make the same tough, independent decisions without regard to party or politics.

New Jersey's problems are too big to be solved with one party's solutions.

Whether it's school choice, clean energy, or revitalizing our cities.

We'll need good ideas from both sides.

If you want partisan politics as usual, well I'm not your guy.

If you really want to change Trenton, let's start by changing Governors.

Commentary:

Chris is on the right track running against partisan politics as usual, ala his "I'm not a Whitman Republican" quote in his interview with me in April. However, the GOP still needs his coat tails in many places throughout the state. Given Christie's strong showing in the polls, I hope that Chairman Jay Webber along with the Christie campaign are targeting Democratic Assembly seats to pick off in November.

On a more personal note, unless that "Mets" tie is a lucky charm, Chris should retire it for the rest of the campaign. Maybe I just notice it because he joked about when I interviewed him, but I notice it everytime he wears it. It is becoming like Ellen Karcher's red dress.

No comments: