Friday, July 25, 2008

Welcome Courier Readers

A special welcome to readers of The Courier who have come to this blog to see what the fuss is all about.

As my regular readers know, and as you read in The Courier, I took offense to the Reverend Jesse Jackson's use of the N-Word in referring to Barack Obama, and even greater offense to the main stream media's coverage of his comments.

I've put this post together so that you can easily find what I've written and posted about the issue. Of course you are welcome to read whatever else you may find here, and I hope you come back often.

My purpose in writing these posts has been to generate a conversation that would lead to a better understanding among various races with the hope of improving how we relate to each other as individuals and communities. Thank you for participating in the conversation, whether you or not you agree with my points of view, or with my methods.

To my regular readers, I will not be posting again until Monday. Have a good weekend.

Here are links to the posts that have stirred up all the fuss, in chronological order:

Nigger Nuts

Let's talk about race relations

Jim Purcell weighs in on race relations

What does the N-word mean?

Middletown Mike wants to get his blog on the map

Its getting ugly in here

A message from the Rev. Dr. James David Manning, PhD

Dangler condemns Jesse Jackson's use of the N-word

A level headed and intelligent response.

No comments: